Tuesday, September 11, 2007

AAIW

The line "...if Fairies may for a moment lay aside cunning tricks and elfish play..." means basically to "get serious." We discovered this after Mr. N opened our minds to the question. We came to the conclusion that when it is said, "The rest next time--" "It is next time!" that why should you wait for when it is said it is really already next time. There is orange marmalade on the shelf for the simple fact that the rabbit likes it on his toast. To answer the fourth question we decided that if Alice is in a world where weird is normal then for something normal to happen would be weird.

2 comments:

David Geurin said...

I think you are on target with your comments. Actually, I haven't even read AAIW, but I am following your logic easily enough. The first one means "get serious" but implies this is uncharacteristic for fairies. I also like the thinking on the weird is normal and normal is weird. Makes perfect sense to me.

Mr. Neuburger said...

Nice response to the prompts. However, I have a problem with your third sentence. It is rather difficult to read. I think it needs to be reformulated so it makes your point clear. I realize we did not have a lot of time to post after discussions were completed.