Thursday, September 6, 2007

Alice's Restaurant and Song

Alice’s Restaurant was in Stockbridge, MA. Alice Brock, Arlo (Woodie) Guthrie and Ray Brock are the people who opened it. Alice’s Restaurant was opened for one year. It is a big white two story building.
Arlo (Woodie) Guthrie wrote the song because of the events that took place during Thanksgiving 1965 and the Vietnam War. I think when he says “you can get anything you want” means you can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant.

http://www.massmoments.org/moment.cfm?mid=342

2 comments:

Mr. Neuburger said...

Your post covered most of the areas I wanted you to research. However, you skipped some of the prompts altogether. I know this is not your favorite type of assignment, but you did some good work here. Keep giving your posts your best effort.

David Geurin said...

Jiffeepop, I noticed you are making some encouraging comments. Let me know how that works out for you.