Monday, October 8, 2007


A knave and his trial. A knave is defined as villain, thief or persons of low birth and therefore dubious intentions. It also means the jack or card ranked directly below the queen in a deck of 56 playing cards. So in this story it’s a play on words because it means both or at least they’re using both meanings. As for his responsibilities, I don’t really know but I assume that he’s supposed to back up the king and queen since he’s also royalty. I think that Alice is growing because she’s stating to wake up, she’s starting to realize that wonderland is nothing but a crazy dream and she can do whatever she wants to. I don’t think that there’s any evidence at all against the knave, except for his name. there is a poem that they try to use as evidence against the knave but since it doesn’t mean anything, at least to me, its not really evidence, its just a poem. They know that it was the knave who stole the tarts because they caught him red handed, but he is cast as the bad guy and its hard to get over those stereotypes even if you are innocent.
Alice and the king. alice was testifying in the trial of the knave because shes the main character in this story. as the main character alice is involved in all things in wonderland. and i think tht the king made up the mile-high rule because alice was diagreeing with him and moreover, I wouldn't want some giant girl yelling at me.

1 comment:

Mr. Neuburger said...

I enjoyed your explanation of the knave. Nice post. Work on capitalizing words which should have caps. :)