Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Name of the Blog

So I did some research and here goes my conclusion as to why this blog is named Alice's Restaurant: There is a folksinger named Arlo Guthrie who did quite the long song back in '67 which was named "Alice's Restaurant." The fact that Mr. Guthrie played at Woodstock (the original in '69) leads me to believe that Mr. N could like his music and/or he himself, although I am not assuming that Mr. N liked every song performed or every artist that performed those songs. We all know how Mr. N loves the Woodstock concert. I have read the lyrics to the song in full (it is quite a good story, even if it has nothing to do with the name of the blog) and I am convinced that it may be his inspiration for naming the sight. Also, it seems like him to set up an activity (or in this case, the name of a blog) based on music and to have us try to find out who the artist responsible for the song in question may be. I might be wrong but this is what I'm going with.

5 comments:

Mr. Neuburger said...

Who was Alice? Was she a chick he was in love with? How would you describe her after reading about her? I think there might be some pictures of Alice. Maybe you could post her pic? Your insight into my personal interest in Woodstock being of particular influence on the blog's name is dead on. But there is more, much more:)

Keri said...

Hi,

I think you should have a link to the wikipedia entry on Arlo Guthrie on this post. What do you think?

Mr. Neuburger said...

I thought about it. I thought I would watch and see how they engage the topic. Most of them will type the title into a search engine and go from there. But, it would be nice to give them a link to a central location so they are all reading the same text. I'll put it up there for them and see what happens. Thanks for the comment.

MWS said...

i kind of agree with KF for the purpuse of the reader elaborating on their own about what was said. but overall i think this post was a hit on the nail,or atleast close. obviosly theres a relationship connection with alice we havent found yet but otherwise a good explanation.

Unknown said...

I like the idea of having a link but not to Wikipedia. We learned last year that it is just too general and could possibly give false information. I never use Wikipedia for anything anyway. For the information I went to a lyric site to read the song and I went to a fan site to read about Arlo himself. Here they are if you wish to look at what I read:

http://www.arlo.net/resources/lyrics/alices.shtml

http://www.arlo.net/